After the success of the previous SBGOC Workshops, we have arranged another workshop with a colleague of Dr. Annah Kuriakose, Dr. Sudha Nagarajan.
Dr. Nagarajan will be covering the following topics in the workshop:
1. Brief description of the phenomenon of Intergenerational Transnational Caregiving: [Remote Caregiving for Elders]: Need for remote caregiving: population trends, longevity, globalization, urbanization, caregiving costs to organizations and families
2. Cultural norms for elder caregiving
3. Types of support-financial, physical, emotional, social
4. Impact of caregiving on individuals and their families
5. Practical suggestions and tips on self-care and support for caregivers will be provided based on standard practice and references to personal and anecdotal experiences.
Learn more about Dr. Sudha Nagarajan at www.southasiantherapists.org